Welcome to Women at The Crossing!
Women at The Crossing is dedicated to helping women CONNECT in community, GROW in faith, and LIVE with purpose. Our desire is for every woman to experience safety and acceptance in authentic Christ
ian community; equip her with the tools to become a fully devoted follower of Christ; and support and encourage her to impact her world by pursuing God’s unique purpose for her.
As women, our lives are full of responsibilities, obligations and roles to fill which means we rarely take time to care for our spirits. A woman whose life is balanced emotionally, spiritually, relationally and physically is better prepared to meet the demands of life, pursue her purpose and leave a legacy. The perfect environment to foster balance is in community with other women who are in the same place. You will be encouraged and challenged by other women who are also pursuing a deeper relationship with God
A few of us experienced the very talented Kathy Troccoli as she presented ‘Hope’s Alive’! We left refreshed and uplifted.
Nicaragua Mission Trip
Our first trip to Piedra Quemada was quite a success. God multiplied our efforts and kids got just the right shoes. We are going to continue to collect shoes throughout the year in order to bring more with us next trip. We are also collecting toothbrushes and toothpaste as part of our Community Health teaching in the area. Drop-offs can be made at the church office.
Our next trip will be in June 2015
Contact: Laura Balch firstname.lastname@example.org
Light of the World Childhood Cancer
Also collecting for their Blessing Bags- travel size hygiene products, tissue, etc.
A flyer listing all needed items is available at the office. If you would like to support or volunteer in this ministry, please let us know.
Fall semester begins September 9th and ends November 11th.
All groups will be studying The Story.
(A walk through the Bible)
Join Women’s Ministry for Tuesday morning from 9:15-11:15 am or Tuesday night from 6-8:30 pm groups. We meet on campus in The Venue and share a potluck meal together. Registration includes a workbook that you will receive on the first night.
Childcare available with pre registration and a small fee
Ladies’ Worship and Prayer Night
No cost event
Friday, October 24th
6:30-8:30pm in The Venue @ The Crossing
Why join us for a night of worship and prayer?
1. To get a break from everyday life.
2. To have a weeknight to seek the Lord.
3. To grow deeper in your faith and understanding of God’s purpose for you.
4. To have the opportunity to worship together with other women.
5. To get refueled as a wife, a mom, an employee, a friend—or wherever God has called you to live as His Godly woman!
Save your place HERE
Childcare is available for $5 for kids 5 and under with registration.
Events at Women at The Crossing are designed to energize you, provide a change from the daily rhythms of life and to remind you of the truth that you are valued and loved. Events vary from seasonal activities to retreats. This is a great way to connect with other women at The Crossing and refresh your spirit.
Praying for a family member who doesn’t know Jesus yet?
Here is a helpful plan:
God desires, hears and answers our prayers. The 30 minutes you spend in focused prayer will connect you with God and others in a special way. Together we will each pray for the lost from our “God’s Most Wanted” list. The names on our list represent individuals who are loved by God and important to members of our group. They represent spouses, children, other family or close friends and co-workers. While you may not know them, God does. Together we will pray, believing God will have HIS way in HIS timing. We are counting on you to pray for each person specifically. Click here to read 5 Steps to iPray.
- Get Ready – The week before, begin preparing your mind and heart for your 30 minutes. Clear your schedule, make a reminder, and look around to find a quiet comfortable private place to spend your 30 minutes. It can be anywhere that allows you to focus on your prayer commitment. Make sure you have your Bible, your “God’s Most Wanted” list and even a journal, pen and worship music. Whatever works best for you.
- Get Set – When your assigned time arrives, begin by reading Luke 15:1-32 to see God’s heart for the lost. Pray to have God’s heart as you pray for the lost.WMN NOTE: See WMN Prayer Pearls for Scripture Prayers for additional scriptures to pray during your prayer time.
- GO! – Now pray. Start by praising God for who He is and all He will do. Thank Him for His love for everyone. Then pray for each name. Ask the Holy Spirit to begin drawing the person(s) to God, pray for the Holy Spirit to open the eyes of their heart to God’s love. Pray also for opportunities for your group to connect with the people on your list. You can journal your thoughts and prayers if you want, say them in your heart or out loud.
Before you know it the 30 minutes will be up! Congratulations, you did it! Now, don’t give up! Pray and trust God to do His thing. He has the perfect plan and timing for connecting people to Him. Trust God to use His power and wisdom because His timing is always perfect! Feel free to make this list part of your daily prayer time and see what God will do! Related Material:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________ Our Women’s Ministry keeps growing. We have a need for volunteers for various positions. Please help our Ministry go to the next level. CLICK HERE. For more information please contact our Women’s Ministry Director, Laura Balch at Lbalch@thecrossingonline.com. WHAT’S NEXT? If you are ready to get connected to Women at The Crossing, please email Laura Balch at email@example.com. Visit us on Facebook (direct link) This will enable you to see upcoming events, meet other women online and receive current uplifting posts.
We look forward to connecting you with Women at The Crossing!